lunes, 10 de mayo de 2010

Personal Opinion from 3 interviewers

Opinions:

Maria: WWII was the most horrible war in history. Interviewing Esther, a holocaust survivor, made me realize how much did the Jewish people suffered. I knew that they had suffered a lot, I just did not know about their real feelings. Esther has made a great impact on my life, because she showed me that no matter what, you should never give up because there’s always hope. I enjoyed doing this project with my friends, interviewing Esther and creating a blog.

Kayla: I thought the Holocaust Survivor project was a great idea. Even though I had learned a lot about the Holocaust and WWII in Hebrew School, this project really expanded my knowledge. I felt that talking with an actual survivor really helped me to understand the situation better. When Esther Lauer, our interviewee, was explaining her life stories, I almost felt like I was in that time when people had to go through such hardships to survive. It made me feel really lucky and grateful for everything and made me think I shouldn’t take a lot of things for granted.

Claudia: In my opinion the interview with Esther was very special. It was special because she shared with us a very horrible thing that happened to her. She did not just tell us what happened during that time; she told us how it felt, how the insecurity of whether she would be alive the next day, the hard work, the cold, and most importantly the happiness she experienced the day she was freed. Something that I liked is that she had so much confidence with us that she told us about her life after the Holocaust and she told us where she lived and how she met her husband and also that she has a boyfriend right now and I think that that is very special because someone that is so open to talk to teenagers what she went through at our age is amazing. Her story also encourages us to never give up because Esther never gave up and she survived one of the hardest parts of her life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario